2020 will see unprecedented levels of work in Queensland, as $23 billion road and transport upgrades are rolled out over the year.
The Government anticipates that more than 21,500 jobs, including 13,500 jobs in regional Queensland will be supported by the projects.
Works will start on major projects including the $1 billion Bruce Highway upgrade from Cooroy to Curra Section D, $1 billion M1 upgrade from Varsity Lakes to Tugun near the NSW border, and $712 million Gold Coast Light Rail upgrade.
Multiple projects across the state are also nearing completion with projects already underway including the $514 million Haughton River Floodplain project at Giru, $497 million Mackay Ring Road and 104 million Cairns Southern Access upgrade.
Projects getting underway in 2020 include:
- $1 billion Bruce Highway upgrade Cooroy to Curra Section D
- $1 billion M1 upgrade from Varsity Lakes to Tugun near the NSW border
- $662 million Bruce Highway upgrade from Caboolture to Steve Irwin Way
- $481 million Bruce Highway upgrade from Edmonton to Gordonvale in Cairns
- $749 million M1 and busway upgrade at Logan
- $712 million Gold Coast Light Rail Stage 3A
- $550 million Sunshine Coast rail upgrade
- $301 million Bruce Highway upgrade at Maroochydore Road and Mons Road interchanges
- $110 million Mackay Northern Access upgrade
- $150 million Bruce Highway interchange upgrade at Deception Bay
- $44.5 million Springfield Central park ‘n’ ride upgrade
Major projects already underway include:
- $104 million Cairns Southern Access upgrade from Kate Street to Aumuller Street
- $514 million Haughton River Floodplain project at Giru, 40km south of Townsville
- $497 million Mackay Ring Road
- $121 million Rockhampton Northern Access Upgrade
- $75 million Capricorn Highway duplication, Gracemere
- $812 million Bruce Highway upgrade from Caloundra Road to the Sunshine Motorway
- $400 million Ipswich Motorway upgrade from Rocklea to Darra
- $195 million M1/M3 merge upgrade
- $152 million Smithfield Bypass in Cairns
- $197.5 million M1 upgrade from Mudgeeraba to Varsity Lakes
- $80 million Sumners Road interchange
- Warrego Highway upgrade at the Chinchilla open level crossing